Project Design and Evaluation
Taught by the NOAA Coastal Services Center
Date: September 23-24, 2013
9:00-5:00pm both days
Where: Bay Conference Center, 3152 Paradise Drive, Tiburon, CA
Cost: $50.00, Lunch and morning refreshments provided
“ How can I be sure that my projects will reach the right audience
and have the right impact?”
“What can I do to make sure that my efforts go beyond ‘preaching to the choir’?”
If you’ve ever asked yourself these questions,
this is the course for you!
This two-day interactive workshop provides the knowledge, skills, and tools to design and implement projects that have measurable impacts on the intended target. Participants will learn to increase project effectiveness by applying a systems approach to designing a new project or re-assessing an existing project. This approach helps build in accountability, reveal assumptions, create a targeted effort, think strategically, and better articulate the impacts on the issue.
After completing this course, participants will be able to
- Link project design and evaluation to agency and organization missions, strategic plans, and established program niches
- Apply a systems approach to logically connect project components from resources to outcomes
- Create functional logic models for immediate use in their projects
- Generate performance measures for project evaluation
- Select the appropriate type of evaluation for a specific project
Overnight accomodations are available for a reasonable fee at the Ohrenshall Guest House at the Romberg Tiburon Center. Click here for more information.