December 6th, 2017
Admin Coordinator Position
This opportunity is for an Administrative Coordinator position in Tiburon, working for the SF Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve (SF Bay NERR). Headquartered at the Romberg Tiburon Center for Environmental Studies, San Francisco State University (SF State). The position is grant funded and provides benefits afforded to SF State employees. The Administrative Coordinator will serve as a key contact between SF State, key staff at National Oceanic & Atmospheric Association (NOAA), and SF Bay NERR staff and will assist the Reserve Director. The Coordinator will work with the Director to prepare and interpret budgets and accounting reports; troubleshoot any discrepancies with appropriate campus offices; provide the director with monthly financial reports of grant expenditures; and assist with meeting critical funding agency deadlines. The Coordinator will also assist the Director as needed, including: scheduling meetings, planning special events, and supporting projects. Activities will also include working to support other NERR’s staff in support of our mission. Administrative and analytical work relates primarily to operations and procedures, there may be the opportunity to gain experience in field work, event planning or informal education, if desired and time permits. We are a small group of highly motivated individuals with a love for wetlands and science in general. We work diligently to protect our special spaces in SF Bay and would like someone to join our team who might share in our passion.
- Possess outstanding communication and interpersonal skills to effectively build cooperative relationships with the Director, NERR staff, SF State and NOAA administrators, Federal and State granting/contracting agencies, and NERR partners.
- Possess the ability to effectively interpret, organize, and present information and ideas both written and verbally.
- Ability to take initiative and independently plan, organize, coordinate, and perform work in various situations where numerous and diverse demands are involved.
- Maintain and improve the systems necessary for efficient tracking of all fiscal and accounting information for the Reserve.
- Review and evaluate reports received from the University and work with appropriate staff to resolve accounting problems and issues in a timely manner.
- Prepare and manage financial activities of the individual operating budgets in various University project accounts to maintain budget goals.
- Develop creative solutions and adapt current operating procedures to accommodate new conditions; respond quickly and effectively to the needs of the Director and staff while ensuring compliance at all levels.
- Three years administrative and accounting experience.
Knowledge: Microsoft Office and other computer software as needed.
Flexible schedule, 60% time (3 days/week or 24 hrs/week), year round benefitted position
Posting and full application can be found here: